Thursday, July 2, 2009

American Athiest Fever continues

Late last night/early this morning I blogged about the New York atheists put an ad on 20 NYC buses claiming that "You don't need to believe in God to be a moral or ethical person."
While the ad has no doubt ruffled a few feathers, I doubt it received the amount of negative attention that its Florida counterpart, a billboard reading "Being a good person doesn't require God. Don't believe in God? You're not alone."
The billboard, posted by Free Thought Flordia, has received numerous complains and protests by those who claim the billboard is offensive to Christianity.

I will admit that this sign seems slightly more blunt then the NYC ads. However, I don't see how it can be offensive. It clearly falls within their freedom of speech. It doesn't bash or target any particular religion. I suspect the majority of the complaints are from the same evangelicals who hate gays and Planned Parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment