Monday, June 29, 2009

Digital Microscope Camera

A month or so ago, I found a nifty digital microscope camera, which I really would like to get for my upcoming fall classes. But the only problem is that it only zooms into to 200x.
But, I have found a new nifty device, for $100 cheaper too. The Dino-eye AM423 Digital Eyepiece Camera. Its basically a little camera that fits on top of the microscope ocular, and takes pictures. The nice thing about this is that the zoom depends entirely on the microscope, so I am not limited to 200x.
The picture is at 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution. The seller website says it isn't Mac supported, but the Dino Eye website says it is, so we'll see. If not, I'll just use my back up computer to take the pictures, and transfer them to the Mac (which I have yet to buy), and organize them using the Macnification program. Either way, it looks like an awesome product, we'll see how it works ^_^



http://www.microscope.com/dinoeye-am423-digital-microscope-camera-p-561.html

1 comment:

  1. Digital Microscope Cameras is a superb camera. The picture is at 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution.

    ReplyDelete