Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today...

...was unexpectedly busy.
I went to my biology class, where we had out last lecture and reviewed for the final.
I went to lunch with Dad today, and he asked me, out of the blue, if I would like to go visit his brother Guy in our state capitol city. Since Guy is my favorite uncle, and I've never been to the capitol city, I immediately said yes. So apparently I fly out next week, two days after my Specimen Processing final.
Pretty random, and pretty cool ^_^

I had last minute ice cream with Josh, and am going to go watch them play ultimate frisbee. I would play, but I plan to side on the sidelines and study.

Our city is currently having assembly hearings on whether or not they should include a law prohibiting discrimination of sexual orientation. I, of course, am in favor of such a law. But I live in a staunchly conservative state, and a lot of people are against it. I went to a rally yesterday, which was fun. But the hearings, which are held at the local library, were very depressing. I ended up going home early and crying.

I've really lost a lot of my faith in humanity this week.
Oddly, it was harder for me to loose my faith in humanity then it was to lose my faith in "God."

No comments:

Post a Comment