Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dream cars

When people speak of their "dream car," they often speak of cars they will never be able to afford, such as a Porche or a Lamborghini. I like to dream of cars I have a chance of one day affording once I graduate. For instance, when I graduate and move, I would like to buy a VW Jetta or Beetle. The most expensive car I ever hope to aspire to is an Audi TT coupe. (Can you tell i have a thing for German cars?) Maybe I'll buy an Audi when I have my mid-life crisis, but I won't die with regrets if I never own one. I also love Nissan. My first car (sorta) was a late 1980's Nissan Maxima, and it was a fun little car with a plenty of jump. Hondas are fun too ^_^
I love going on car websites and building my own car. Here's what I end up with:


Audi TT Coupe
Ice Silver paint (though the Sahara Silver or Meteor Gray are beautiful too)
17" tires (The 18" were prettier, but $800. Eeek!)
Front wheel drive
Alcantra Leather Interior
$36,675


VW Jetta TDI
Platinum Gray
Art gray interior
Sunroof
6-speed automatic Transmission (I still cant drive stick. Stop laughing)
Rear Chrome Accent
iPod Adapter
30/41 mpg
$24,729


VW Jetta S
Black exterior
Anthracite interior
6-speed automatic transmission
Chrome accent
Sunroof
iPod adapter
21/30 mpg
$18,884VW Beetle
Gecko Green (or Heavenly Blue)
Black interior
6-speed automatic
Splash guards
Sunroof
20/29 mpg
$20,390





Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S
Precision Gray or Winter Frost
Charcoal Leather Interior
Continuously Variable Transmission
175 horsepower
4 cylinder engine
32 mpg
$22,970

Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE
Winter Frost (or Precision Gray)
Charcoal cloth interior
Continuously Variable Transmission
Moonroof
V6 3.5L engine
32 mpg
$27,610

Nissan Sentra Fe+ 2.0 SR
Black exterior
Charcoal cloth interior
Continuously Variable Transmission
34mpg
$18,480 (awesome gas mileage for under $20,00)


Honda Civic Coupe LX
26/34 mpg
Automatic Transmission
Alabaster Silver exterior
Gray interior
16" alloy wheels
$19,945
{Ok, its not very pretty. But again price plus gas milage is awesome)




Can you tell I have a weakness for coupes? I also prefer my cars to be white, silver, gray, or black. The Beetle is a fun little car, so it deserves a fun color. While I love them all, so far my absolute favorite is the Nissan Altima 2.5S coupe. It has a firece look, and the gas milage is nothing to laugh at, either. Once I get my degree and start my career, it will be affordable as long as I budge responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment