Monday, May 18, 2009

Geek Alert



Alright, I know the title of the blog says Lab Geek, but honestly this is more a personal blog. It's title is derived from the fact that, as a Medical Lab Technology major, I am a lab geek, and a huge nerd as well. While I enjoy a variety of side interests, from cars, shopping, Buddhism, dancing, and shooting, my biggest love is science, particularly anatomical and medical science, as it closely related to my field.

What can I say? I find science cute.

And apparently I am not the only one. Think Geek carries a line of "plush microbes," little plushies representing various microbes, such as strep, lice, mono, the common cold, heartworm, rabies, and blood cells. I pretty much had a geekgasm when I saw them. As a future Med Tech, the white blood cell (above pic) is my favorite ^_^
They are also sold at a local science store, am I may buy one for my Med Tech teachers, Steve and Heidi.

Check them out at http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/6708/







Mono















Herpes


















Common Cold















E. coli











Am I the only one who is a little disturbed by how happy the herpes looks?
They take the geekiness a step further by introducing the plushy sequel, "Petri Dish Plushies" The Flu plushies ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment