Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday 5.25.09

It was a fair quiet day. Tired of procrastinating, I got all dressed and ready to go to the gym to work out. However, the gym was closed for Memorial Day weekend.
Ryan and I went to the city diner for dinner, and I had an awesome corn chowder and part of a great strawberry malt. We headed to his apartment afterward so I could catch up on Lost. I am in the middle of season 3. A little slow, but I am assured it gets much better.

Lately I have been going through an insanely strong nesting instinct. Really strong. I have been browsing through IKEA websites and the like, not looking to buy, but simply curious.

What will my future home look like? When I am all grown up and graduated, when I move out of state into a big city, what will my apartment look like?

I am a huge fan of modernism and minimalism.
My dream home will be in shades of black, white, gray, silver, and blue. I imagine gray carpeting, blue-gray walls with a lighter gray trim, black furniture, blue or white curtains/blinds. The bed will be a modern-style platform bed, no tacky headboards. The bedding will be darker blues and grays. Lamps will most likely be silver and white. The lighting will be bright and white, with dimmers. Steel counter tops. The accents will be mostly silver and blue. Lots of candles, and hopefully some white orchids. Any art will be simple.

Very minimal, very quiet, no loud colors or patterns. Some place I can come home and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment